Into that Darkness Peering: A Tale of the Lonely Coast
Players should follow the character creation guidelines in the PHB or Player’s Basic Rules book. With the following exceptions:
1. Ability scores should be generated by rolling four 6-sided dice and recording the total of the highest three dice. However, rolls of “1” may be re-rolled. Scores can be arranged in any order.
2. Easy build equipment is not available. Characters must determine starting gold and purchase desired equipment (including armor and weapons) per the rules in the PHB or Player’s Basic Rules book.
3. Some equipment may not be available at the start (or may be extra expensive). This includes plate armor and magic items. Please check with the DM for anything beyond the most mundane items.
4. Players should roll once for trinkets.
5. Feats are not used in this campaign.
6. Multiclassing is not allowable at first level (but may be used at higher levels if there is a roleplaying justification for the additional class).
7. Spell components are assumed (unless circumstances dictate otherwise such as being held prisoner in a cell after being stripped of valuables).
THE RACES OF THE LONELY COAST
All PHB races are allowed except:
Half-Orcs are allowed but must look essentially Human (without tusks or pig noses).
THE PC CLASSES OF THE LONELY COAST
All PHB classes and sub-classes are allowed for players except:
- Eldritch Knight
Excluded races, classes and sub-classes MAY occur in NPCs.